Thursday, November 10, 2011

Elvis Presley Promised Land

Elvis Presley Promised Land On YouTube.





Elvis Presley Promised Land Written by Chuck Berry. Elvis recorded it December 15, 1973 at Stax Studios in Memphis, TN. The single release had a 13-week stay on the Hot 100 chart, peaking at #14, and an 8-week stay on the Easy-Listening Chart, where it reached #11. It was the A-side to Its Midnight. It was released on the Promised Land and This is Elvis LPs. It is now available on Artist of the Century, Walk a Mile in My Shoes-The Essential 70s Masters, and 2nd to None, which is where this version is from. Ah, get on it I left my home in Norfolk, Virginia California on my mind I straddled that Greyhound And rode him into Raleigh And on across Caroline Had motor trouble that turned into a struggle Halfway across Alabam' Well that hound broke down in Memphis, now Im stranded In downtown Birmingham Well right away I brought me a through train ticket Ridin' across Mississippi clean And I was on that midnight flyer out of Birmingham Smoking into New Orleans Somebody help me get out of Louisiana Just to help me get to Houston Town There are people there who care a little about me And they won't let the poor boy down Sure as you're born you bought me a silk suit And put luggage in my hand And I woke up high over Albuquerque On a jet to the promised land Working on a T-bone steak a la carte Flying over to the golden state When the pilot told us in thirteen minutes He would set us at the terminal gate Swing low chariot come down easy Taxi to the terminal zone Cut your engines and ...

Keywords: Elvis, Presley, Promised, Land, jackiej61

wall candy acoustic research aw825 wireless outdoor speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment